Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Well the results are in and I think I didn't do too badly in predicting the Oscar winners. As a recap: Best Actor: Sean Penn (my choice); Best Actress: Kate Winslet (my choice); Best Picture: Slumdog Millionaire (my choice); Best Supporting Actress: Penople Cruz (a surprise to me in a movie I didn't see, but on my list) Best Support Actor: Heath Ledger (not my choice, but my pick) I told Sy next year if I was still doing this, I would have an Academy Awards Party sort of like a Super Bowl party for my fellow movies goers.

On other fronts: Emily Cope was the first to correctly identify that the quote
"Carpe Diem! Seize the day. Make your lives extraordinary." came from Dead Poets Society which came out in1989 and starred Robin Williams. This week's quote is:

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

Yolanda sent this to me recently. I must say I saw this production many years ago and think it might be time to see it again.

"Last night Juli and I went to the Kennedy to see Shear Madnessw! It was wonderful! It was the first time I have ever seen it and the way they take current events and work it into the show is wonderful and very funny. I highly recommend it.:
On Netflix:

The Edge of Heaven
- This is a Turkish/German film that won best screenplay at the 2007 Cannes Film Festival. Part of the film is either in Germany or Turkish and the final part in English.
It can be confusing at times and it takes an awfully long time for all the pieces to come together. The ending was weak. In fact, Sy thought they might have run out of money. Although a good story,
parts were not developed well and it was entirely too long at two hours and two minutes.
:-)O:-)


Although I have another Netflix at home, it seems that my life is a bit busy for viewing it before the weekend, so I am sending out this short review tonight.

Enjoy,

Roberta

No comments: