Sunday, June 16, 2013

June 16

Carol Frank, Emily, Juli, Sheila V., Joyce G, Chris, Betsy, Martha H., Lucy, Betty and Linda. K all correctly identified, "I don’t understand. All my life I’ve been waiting for someone and when I find her, she’s … she’s a fish" coming . from Splash  Try this one:

"Will you love me for the rest of my life?  No, I'll love you for the rest of mine."

In Theaters:

Now You See Me -  I was sure I would like this film, but not as much as I did; it was lots of fun!.  The movie just sailed along and it was non-stop action.  Not the bang em shoot em up action, but magic.  Sy and I love magic so this was a movie that fit us to a tee.  Not only is it fun, but the story is interesting and has a twist ending.  Won't give anything away. This a movie that can be enjoyed by the entire family - adults, teens and younger children.   It has a star studded cast with Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo Woody Harrelson, Isla Fisher, Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine.  You won't be disappointed.  :-):-):-)

The Impossible - I would rename this film The Improbable, but at the end of the film the credits indicated that this film was loosely based on actual events of a similar family.  Naomi Watts was nominated for best actress for her role as the mother.  Ewan McGregor plays the father, but the young boy playing their oldest son really steals the movie from them both.  It retells one family's experiences during the 2004 tsunami in Southeast Aisa.  It is not for the faint hearted as  some of the scenes are a bit gory.  In fact, towards the beginning of the film, I was tempted to shut it off without seeing the end, but am glad I did not.  For an improbable story that turns out to be true, see this one.  :-):-)O:-)

Good Read:

Winter of the World by Ken Follett - This is the second novel in his latest trilogy.  The book begins where the last on Fall of Giants left off.  Germany is ripe for a new leader and although there are many Germans who think a leader like Hitler is a joke, we all know what happens.  This book deals with the second generation of the families we met in the last book.  Many of my friends did not like this one as well as the first, but once I got past some of the initially brutality at the book's beginning, the storylines were good.  Once again the horrors of war are unimaginable to me. Follett's books are always page turners and this one is no exception.  It is about 1000 pages so if you have a kindle, tablet or notebook, you might consider using it for this one.  

A number the shows I like have returned to TV on cable, but "The Newsroom" our favorite will return in July.  If you have HBO or Netflix see this, you won't be disappointed.

Roberta


No comments: