Monday, May 30, 2011

May 31

Sara, Lucy, Florrie were correct in identifying "They Laughed at me, Mama" coming from Carrie.

Try this one:

"How do you explain school to a higher intelligence?"

I know it has been awhile since I posted a Roberta's Reviews, but I am still catching up on the many TV programs that I have on my DVR so films have taken a back seat. That being said, I felt I had to write about a movie I saw today.

In Theaters:

Bridesmaids - This movies got great reviews from all the critics, but I feel I needed to write a review as soon as I could so that you would not waste your money on this film. It is crass, gross and immature although you would not know it from the people sitting around us as they howled out loud. I like the leads, but was so disappointed in the role that Melissa McCarthy took. She is best know from "Mike and Molly." She also was on "Gilmore Girls." What actors do for a buck, is sometimes beyond me. The only saving grace is Chris O'Dowd who played the romantic lead. He was charming. So do yourself a favor and don't see this film! (If I wasn't with my friend and hadn't spent $8.25 for the ticket, I would have walked out!) O:-)

If you are on the east coast, keep cool by going to an air conditioned movie theater.

Roberta

No comments: