Monday, March 26, 2012

March 26

Carol Frank, Juli and Florrie were correct in identifying "Especially important is the warning to avoid conversations with the demon. We may ask what is relevant, but anything beyond that is dangerous. He's a liar, the demon is a liar. He will lie to confuse us, but he will also mix lies with the truth to attach us." coming from The Exorcist

A Hard One:

"This bag was, like, dancing with me. Like a little kid begging me to play with it. For fifteen minutes. And that's the day I knew there was this entire life behind things, and this incredibly benevolent force, that wanted me to know there was no reason to be afraid, ever."

While on the plane I saw the following movies. They are all on Netflix.

My Weekend With Marilyn
- This is the film Michelle Williams was nominated for best actress for and after seeing it I know why. She embodies Marilyn Monroe in every sense of the word. The film takes place during the time Monroe filmed The Prince and the Showgirl and how a student becomes her confidant. It was very slow. Not sure if it was my being tired as I watched it during the night or the film was indeed slow. See it for yourself just to see what a versatile actress Williams is.
;-);-)

New Years Eve
- I know the critics panned this film, but for an enjoyable movie that requires not thinking, it is right on target. The film is loaded with many stars and their stories intersect along the way with New Year's Eve as the connecting point. Not a fan of Hillary Swank or Ashton Kutcher, but there are many other stars who move this vehicle along. Not an award winner, but pleasant enough. ;-);-)

The Muppet Movie
- Being a Muppet fan, I enjoyed this film starring the Muppets and Jason Segel as well as Amy Adams. The story is silly, but it is a good family fun with many cameo performances by well known stars. The story is that the Muppet studio is going to be sold and the person who is buying it (Chris Cooper) is planning on tearing it down. The Muppets reunite to have a show and save the theater. Sort of like the old Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland movies where they put on a show. I am really dating myself. Lots of music and Muppet fun. ;-);-)O:-)

The Adventures of Tin Tin - This animated movie left me flat. I wasn't tired when I attempted to watch it and it took two turns to get through it. The animation is amazing, but the story very slow. Kids might like it. ;-)O:-)

The Reston Players:

I Love You Because - As you know we have seasons tickets for the Reston Players and were supposed to see this show while we were away. We exchanged our tickets and Saturday was the final performance. I am sorry we didn't see it sooner so I could tell you all to see it. This was one of the best shows I've seen here. It is almost totally in song and the performers were first rate. The story is predictable, but very lovely. If you see this show coming to a theater near you, see it you won't be disappointed.

Italy was wonderful, but it is good to be home.

Roberta

No comments: