Wednesday, November 14, 2012

November 14

Yolanda, Carol, David, Kathy, Betty, Florrie, Sheila correctly identified  "My mother thanks you. My father thanks you. My sister thanks you. And I thank you." from the wonderful movie Yankee Doodle Dandy.

Try this one:

“Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, and sometimes it rains.”

On Netflix:

Anonymous - This is the film that explores whether Shakespeare's works were really written by Shakespeare.  It is very confusing going back and forth in time and you are not quite sure who is who.  Rhys Ifans, Vanessa Redgrave and Joely Richardson star.  Once I got all the characters straight, I found it intriguing, but I would not waste a choice on it. 
:-)O:-)

Iron Jawed Angels - My AAUW group recently had a speaker from the Lorton Workhouse who spoke on the arrest of the suffragettes and their placement in Lorton VA.  The group also took a trip to Lorton to see the museum and visit the art gallery.  To further investigate this topic, the movie group watched this film.  It tells the story of Alice Paul and Lucy Burns who band together to convince the government to adapt a constitutional amendment guaranteeing women the right to vote.  Hilary Swank played Paul and Frances O'Connor played Burns.  Angelica Huston played a leader of another suffragette group who did not approve of Paul's tactics.  It is a movie that rang true.  If you are interested in this part of our history.  See this film. 
:-):-)

DWTS Update:

Well we are heading to the semi-finals and to be honest anyone who is eliminated now on is deserving of winning the title.  I was a bit surprised to see Giles eliminated, but he just doesn't have the same fan base as the others who are remaining.  Even though Sy loves Cheryl, I felt Emmett Smith had the weakest performance this past week.  My prediction for the finals are Shawn and Melissa.







No comments: