Sunday, January 27, 2013

January 27

Sorry I have not posted sooner, but we were away.  Anyhow, hope everyone on the east coast is staying warm.

Yolanda, Carol F., Juli, Shirley Steinmetz and  Betty correctly identified 
"I'm scared of everything. I'm scared of what I saw. I'm scared of what I did, of who I am.... and most of all, I'm scared of walking out of this room and never feeling the rest of my whole life the way I feel when I'm with you." coming from Dirty Dancing.

Try this one:

"
Do, or do not. There is no "try"

In Theaters:

Zero Dark Thirty - I was apprehensive about seeing this film,but I am glad I did.  Although the torture scenes are hard, they are only in the first twenty minutes of the film.  Afterwards it is an engrossing story about how one CIA agent believed she could find Osama Bin Laden by following his courtier.  Jessica Cashian does a fine job with the role.  It is quite long - close to three hours, but did hold my attention.   An important film to see.
;-);-);-)

On Netflix:

What to Expect When You are Expecting - This is a chick flick that was about two hours.  It is harmless, but I felt like I was watching four sitcoms.  The stories were not really interlinked and very predictable.  I always like to see Chris Rock, but his talents were wasted in this mindless comedy. 
:-)O:-)

At The Reston Community Center The Reston Players in:

The Savannah Disputation - Sy and I found this play to be thought provoking, but wonder how Catholics would feel about it.  It is about a Christian fundamentalist missionary who tries to enlist converts especially Catholics.  A confrontation ensues between the sisters, the missionary and their parish priest.  It is both funny and thought provoking.  It will be at the RCC next weekend as well.

It is awards time and I am disappointed that both Katherine Bigelow and Ben Affleck were not nominated for their directions of Zero Dark Thirty and Argo.  Glad to see Argo win the Golden Globes recently.  Tonight is the SAG awards so we will see what they think.

No comments: