Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 27

Sheila V, Lucy, Betty.Linda K. and Carol Frank correctly identified "Margo Channing is a star of the theater.  She made her first stage appearance at the age of four in 'A Midsummer Night's Dream.'  She played the fairy and entered, quite unexpectedly, stark naked.  She has been a star ever since." coming from All About Eve. 

Sheila V further wrote: 
I couldn't wait to answer this.  This comes from "All About Eve."  I also think the quote comes from the theater reporter played by George Sanders.  He says this  at the party that Margo throws.  Margo is played by Bette Davis.  At this party Margo says and has one of the all time best Hollywood lines --  " Fasten your seat belts, we're in for a bumpy ride."  This is in reference to all the people who are coming to the party.  Also, did you know that this movie was  one of Marilyn Monroe's first.  She comes to the party with George Sanders.  She is a young starlet.  As you can guess I love this movie.

Try this one: ( I found this on the top 100 movie quotes, so it is not too hard.)

"Well, nobody's perfect."

In Theaters:

Best Exotic Marigold Hotel
- I know the critics panned this movie, but Sy and I found it delightful.  The British actors were marvelous.  Does Judi Dench and Maggie Smith ever do a poor acting job??.  You can look at the story two ways; sadly getting old sucks or with a hopeful eye that life is what you make it.  If you see the glass half full, things are bound to be good. Although the films portrays India as a vibrant, colorful land full of lovely people, it did not make me want to visit any time soon! 
For a feel good movie, see this one. 
:-):-)O:-)

On Netflix:

Please Give - After watching this quirky film, Sy asked what was the point and I really couldn't answer him.  It is star studded with Oliver Platt, Catherine Keener, Ann Morgan Guilbert, Amanda Peet and Rebecca Hall.  It an indie relationship movie, but I am not sure I can recommend it as it had no point.  If someone else has seen this and can give us a better take on it, I invite you to reply to all.  Not offensive, but I felt I wasted my time and the film wasted these actors' talent. 
:-)

Last week my friend Melissa from Florida came to visit and we took time to do a bit of sightseeing.  If you haven't gone downtown lately, it is always worth the drive.  But closer to home she and I really enjoyed the Udvar Hazy Air and Space Museum off of Route 28 near Dulles Airport.  Make sure to take one of the free tours as it makes the visit more meaningful.  Highlights are the Discover, Enola Gay and the Concorde, but the stories our guide were priceless.  Remember there is no fee for the museum, but there is a $15.00 parking charge.



DWTS Finale:

Boy was I wrong!  Although I thought Driver was a good dancer, never did I think he would win.  The best dancer was Katherine Jenkins and William Levy improved week after week, but neither of them had the fan base that Driver had since both of them were really new to the American audience.  Hopefully we will be seeing them in the near future.

The crop of movies is limited, hopefully things will pick up soon.

Roberta

No comments: