Friday, May 4, 2012

May 4

Yolanda, Lucy, Carol Frank and  Allison correctly identified  "Many, many people contributed to my tardiness. I would like to thank my parents for never giving me a ride to school, the LA city bus driver who took a chance on an unknown kid, and last but not least, the wonderful crew from McDonald's who spend hours making those Egg McMuffins without which I'd never be tardy. coming from Clueless.

Try this one:

"I distrust a close mouthed man.  He generally picks the wrong time to talk and says the wrong things.  Talking's something you can't do judiciously, unless you keep in practice.  Now, sir, we'll talk if you like.  I'll tell you right out, I'm a man who likes talking to a man who likes to talk."

At Theaters:

The Five Year Engagement
- I was apprehensive that this film was going to be a repeat of Bridesmaids which many of you remember I hated, but to my delight it was not.  First of all the stars - Emily Blunt and Jason Segel not only are delightful, but have a lovely chemistry together.  The story is predictable, but enjoyable. Spoiler Alert _ (not much of a spoiler!!)  Boy meets girl, boy follows girl and is unhappy, boy girl split and everything turns out fine in the end.  The supporting cast is funny and charming as well.  Lots of four letter words dropped, but didn't seem as crass as Bridesmaids.  Not a film that will win any awards, but fun. 
:-):-)

On Netflix:

I Don't Know How She Does It - This must be my "chick flick" week.  This film stars Sarah Jessica Parker, Greg Kinnear and Pierce Bronson with co-stars Kelsey Grammar, Seth Meyers and Jane Curtin.  Somehow no matter what vehicle Parker is in, I see her as Carrie Bradshaw from "Sex and The City."  In this film she plays an over-extended working Mom and it conveys how she juggles her world successfully and not so well. They use a technique where the characters talk directly to the audience, like "Modern Family" and lists are written on the screen.  At the beginning it is cute, but gets old quickly.   Greg Kinnear is adorable and Bronson is debonair, but the story is just flat.  I believe it is based on a book by the same title.  Nothing special but nothing offensive which is a pleasant surprise. 
:-)O:-)

DWTS:

Very disappointed with the results this week.  Although the two couples who did the dance off weren't going to be in the finals - Melissa Gilbert is the poorer dancer.  I still stand by my final three:  Donald Driver, William Levy and Katherine the opera singer.

No comments: