Wednesday, October 3, 2012

October 3


David, Carol Frank, Juli, Betty, Wendy correctly identified   Striker:  Surely you can't be serious."
Rumack:  "I am serious....and don't call me Shirley."  coming from Airplane.
Try this one courtesy of Sy:

"If he even so much as twitches I'll blow him straight to Mars.:
 
At theaters:
 
Trouble With The Curve - This is the perfect movie for women and men alike.  I am not going to identify who will like what, but it is a relationship movie involving father and daughter as well as a romantic story between daughter and scout.  In addition, there is plenty of baseball for the sports fan.  Clint Eastwood plays Clint Eastwood - cranky old man like he was in Gran Torino.  Amy Adams is always delightful and once again she is as his lawyer daughter. Justin Timberlake plays a scout and Adams' love interest.  For a feel good movie, this one won't disappoint.  :-):-)O:-)

At theaters and On Demand:

Arbitrage - Richard Geer stars as a billionaire who finds himself in trouble at work, home and with the law.  Sy thought it would be more about finance, but it was more of a story about a man who digs himself into a hole and how he crawls out of it.   I found it engaging and Geer plays a cad quite well.  It co-stars Susan Sarandon.   My friend Melissa said when she saw it her friend didn't like the ending. See it for yourself and decide.
:-):-)O:-)

On Netflix:

Contraband - I have always been a fan of Mark Wahlberg and this film in which he stars does not disappoint.  Although it was a bit violent as it dealt with drug lords and smuggling,the violence was not gratuitous.. Wahlberg plays a reformed smuggler who has to return to the life for one last job to save his brother in law.   Kate Beckinsale costars.
:-):-)

DWTS:

I promised myself I would not watch this edition, but like an addict, I couldn't control myself.  I did miss the first episode, but was pulled into it again this week.  A lot of my favorites are dancing so it is fun to watch.  At this point in the game some of my front runners are Giles, Sabrina, Shannon and Apollo.  I do have to say Emmett is always a favorite as he is dancing with Cheryl.  Why Bristol and Christy are still on and Joey was voted off surprised me, but at least most of the dancers can dance!

No comments: